HITM2310 - Health Information Professional Practice
This course provides students with professional practice experience within the field of health information under the supervision of a qualified health information professional.
- Pre-requisite: Instructor Approval
- Abide by the American Health Information Management Association's Code of Ethics.
- Review and adhere to clinical site policies.
- Discuss intradepartmental relationships among various roles within the health information management (HIM) department.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient and facility information.
- Apply health record analysis guidelines.
- Review revenue cycle management systems utilized at the clinical site.
- Apply International Classification of Diseases codes to patient data.
- Apply Current Procedural Terminology codes to patient data.
- Apply health information management concepts to the management of patient information.
- Summarize learning activities completed at a clinical site.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)