HITM2256 - Management Practice in Health Information Management
This course provides instruction in management principles from a health information management (HIM) viewpoint, providing a foundation for management practice and decision making. In addition to theories of management, budgeting, staffing and performance management are studied.
- Generate and report employee productivity rates.
- Identify the impact of organizational change.
- Apply productivity standards to health information management functions.
- Calculate full-time equivalent needs based on workload.
- Model departmental workflows.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in problem solving and decision making.
- Develop educational tools that model human resource policies and procedures.
- Create meeting agendas and minutes.
- Utilize financial management processes.
- Examine behaviors that embrace cultural diversity.
- Identify processes of workforce training for health care organizations.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)