GDTC1120 - Adobe InDesign I
In this course, students will be introduced to basic through intermediate functions of Adobe InDesign. Developing proficiency in software vocabulary, applied techniques and overall efficiency will be emphasized throughout the course. Students will create a variety of industry-related graphic design projects that effectively incorporate type and imagery in single- and multiple-page InDesign documents. These projects will involve simple to complex tasks that will reinforce students' basic design knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Adobe InDesign tools, panels and menu commands.
- Construct and manage single- and multiple-page documents with diverse specifications.
- Identify and apply basic type formatting methods.
- Identify and apply basic color creation and management methods.
- Identify and apply image integration techniques for raster and vector files.
- Understand and apply basic type and imagery styles.
- Understand and apply basic master page functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in outputting files for both print and web applications.
- Employ acquired design knowledge to create and defend design projects.