ELL0055 - Academic Vocabulary
This vocabulary course is for non-native learners of English. Students will learn the vocabulary most frequently used in college-level coursework, as well as the strategies necessary to acquire this vocabulary quickly and efficiently.
- Effectively utilize dictionaries.
- Identify the word types of vocabulary used in context.
- Associate new vocabulary with other words in the same word family.
- Demonstrate the ability to use multiple strategies to learn and recall new vocabulary words.
- Demonstrate proper spelling and pronunciation of learned vocabulary.
- Identify the meanings of the most frequent prefixes, suffixes and roots used in the English language.