DNAS1106 - Biodental Science
This course provides an introduction to anatomy and physiology, an introduction to dental histology, embryology and an overview of head and neck anatomy using the universal charting system. This course also is designed to give the student a basic concept of microbiology and disease transmission and a survey of oral pathology and pharmacology. The student will be introduced to the basic concepts of nutrition in the dental profession.
- Recognize the body's systems and organizations.
- Identify human skull bones and tooth structures.
- Identify skeletal structure.
- Recognize head and neck arterial regions.
- Recognize temporomandibular joint functions.
- Review dental pharmacology.
- Recognize developmental disturbances.
- Identify pathogenic microorganisms.
- Recognize the nutritional needs associated with dentistry.
- Identify oral pathology lesions.