DENT1104 - Dental Health Care Providers II
This course will build on student learning in Introduction to Healthcare Providers I. Students will be challenged to go beyond definitions and practices and understand the what, why and how of blood-borne pathogens, concepts, standards and procedures of infection control, medical emergencies, first aid in the dental setting and patient privacy rights.
- Manage infection control practices in a clinical dental setting.
- Describe the microbiology of dental water lines, biofilm and water quality.
- Adopt protocols to limit blood borne pathogen transmission.
- Critique infection control practices in two separate private dental practices.
- Compare the infection control practices in the two separate private dental practices to the infection control practices demonstrated in Minnesota State Community and Technical College's dental department.
- Assess office emergency protocols.