DENT1102 - Dental Anatomy
The lecture portion of the course introduces the student to basic terminology for understanding the structures that form the foundation for tooth function, normal anatomy of the oral cavity, and tooth and root morphology. Special topics include survey of dental anomalies and forensic dentistry.
- Classify dental anomalies.
- Identify normal anatomy of the oral cavity.
- Define the dentition periods.
- Identify all dentitions and teeth using correct nomenclature.
- Define dental anatomy terms.
- Identify tooth crown and root morphology and function of each permanent and primary tooth.
- State the correct eruption dates for each tooth.