BIOL2970 - Internship Experience
1 - 3
This course is designed to provide students with a monitored meaningful work experience related to their field of interest. This experience will increase their employability and enhance their life skills. Completion of this course requires a written report and an evaluation from the student's supervisor. Each internship is an individualized experience, therefore this course is offered with variable credits and may be repeated up to two times. The student may choose from one, two or three credits as prearranged with the internship site supervisor and corresponding faculty. Each credit will require a minimum of 45 hours of on-the-job learning. This course will be graded pass/fail only.
- Instructor approval
- Attain specific job-related skills.
- Demonstrate dependability, initiative, time management, organization and prioritization.
- Utilize critical thinking in decision-making to solve problems.
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills.
- Utilize communication skills successfully.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Utilize written communication skills to document the learning experience.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Gain practical, hands-on work experience.
Degrees that use this course