ADMS1112 - Desktop Publishing
This course introduces the concepts, terminology, techniques and applications of desktop publishing and incorporates advanced document processing skills. The student develops skills in critical thinking, decision making and creativity. In addition, the student will reinforce collaborative learning in planning, designing and evaluating business documents.
- Exhibit responsibilty by completing and submitting assignments in a timely manner.
- Use graphic functions to apply graphics to a publication.
- Develop appropriate page layout design based on the type of business publication.
- Collaboratively create and evaluate specialty promotional documents.
- Utilize effective and efficient production techniques when creating publications or using templates.
- Apply effective design elements and design editing to publications.
- Demonstrate the effective use of text files when creating publications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various media files that may be utilized in a publication.
- Use commercial clipart to demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements of trademarks and copyrights.
Degrees that use this course