This course is the continuation of a comprehensive study of accounting theory and concepts with an analysis of the influence on financial accounting by various boards, associations and governmental agencies. Topics include the income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and various asset, liability and equity sections.
ACCT 2616 Intermediate Accounting I *this course will be added as the prerequisite once the course is approved by AASC
- Prepare entries for operational assets acquisition and disposal.
- Analyze and record entries for self-constructed assets.
- Calculate and record depreciation, amortization and depletion.
- Explain impairment losses.
- Analyze and record investment transactions.
- Analyze and record current liability and contingency transactions.
- Analyze long-term debt financing.
- Describe lease classification criteria.
- Explain preferred and common stock features.
- Explain factors affecting retain earnings.
- Calculate earnings per share.
- Describe accounting for changes and error correction.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)