PNSG1522 - Transition to Practical Nursing Practice
This course prepares the student for transition into practical nursing practice. Concepts related to career development options that enhance career mobility are explored. Standards of practice and the importance of practicing according to state regulations and statutes that are within the scope of practice for the practical nurse are reviewed. The role of the practical nurse in emergency preparedness is examined.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check
- Current, clear national background check
- Experience as a nursing assistant as guided by the PN application packet
- Up-to-date immunizations and health form
- Demonstrate planning for role transition from student to licensed practical nurse.
- Examine standards of practice for the licensed practical nurse and the importance of practicing according to state regulations and statues.
- Provide input regarding quality improvement methods used to develop or revise policies and procedures.
- Recognize priorities of care in the provision of an emergency response plan under the direction of a registered nurse or other licensed health care provider.
Degrees that use this course