HITM2264 - Revenue Cycle Management
This course covers the current revenue cycle systems that are used in the health care industry from initial patient encounter to receipt of payment.
- Identify the components of the revenue cycle.
- Demonstrate proficiency in completing patient encounter financial documents.
- Assess the accuracy of chargemaster and encounter forms.
- Validate diagnosis related groups (DRGs) assignment.
- Solve claims denials.
- Determine the impact of the appeals process and discharged not final billed (DNFB) on facility reimbursement.
- Perform revenue cycle audits and reporting.
- Manage the revenue cycle audit process.
- Define utilization management in health care.
- Summarize regulatory requirements and reimbursement methodologies.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)