DSET1136 - Introduction to Diesel Engines
This course introduces students to the four-cycle diesel engine. Coursework includes disassembly, inspection, measurement, assembly and adjustment of diesel engines and their components.
- Demonstrate safety procedures as they pertain to a shop environment.
- Utilize service publications to identify proper service procedures and specialized tools.
- Disassemble, inspect, measure and re-assemble cylinder heads.
- Disassemble, inspect, measure and re-assemble short blocks.
- Perform engine start-up procedures.
- Analyze engine operation and operational issues.