DSET2200 - Introduction to Electronic Controls
Students in this course are exposed to various original equipment manufacturer (OEM) software used to diagnose computer control systems in the transportation, construction and agricultural industries. Coursework includes the operation, diagnosis and repair of sensors and actuators used on engines, transmissions, brakes and hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Identify original equipment manufacturer (OEM) software.
- Identify communication adaptors used by various OEMs.
- Diagnose communication issues between OEM software and communication adaptor.
- Diagnose J1939 data link (or current protocol) communication issues.
- Identify various sensors used on engines, transmissions, brake systems and hydraulic systems.
- Utilize OEM software to diagnose fault codes.
- Set vehicle operating parameters using OEM software.
- Diagnose vehicle/machine operating issues using OEM software.