DSET1100 - Diesel Equipment Fundamentals
This course is designed to give the student an understanding of a diesel shop environment. Personal and shop safety will be emphasized. Hand tool, pneumatic tool, precision measuring tool and hardware identification, usage and safety will also be areas of study.
- Apply principles of personal and environmental safety.
- Identify the storage, handling and use of hazardous materials.
- Identify the proper use of shop equipment used in a truck, agricultural, or construction equipment dealership.
- Identify the types of fasteners used in truck, agricultural, and construction industries.
- Identify the use of precision tools.
- Perform precision tool measuring.
- Perform drilling, tapping, and thread repair.
- Perform Oxy-Acetylene torch and plasma operating techniques.
- Perform arc or mig welder operating techniques.
- Describe the safety hazards of high pressure hydraulic and diesel injection systems.