CVRI2263 - Cardiovascular Technology Practicum II
In part two of this capstone course, students will apply the knowledge and skills gained throughout the Cardiovascular Technology program. Students will function as a part of the cardiovascular team under the supervision of a preceptor. Students will participate in experiences Monday through Friday for the duration of the academic term. Shifts may rotate between day, evening, night and on-call shifts.
- current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR
- current, clear national background check
- current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check
- Successful completion (C or better) of all Cardiovascular Technology Program requirements
- up-to-date immunizations.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors.
- Engage in teamwork to provide exceptional patient care.
- Apply principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Apply principles of radiation safety.
- Accurately perform dosage calculations and drip rates.
- Demonstrate respect for individual patients, maintaining their dignity, rights and beliefs.
- Demonstrate proficient use of technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in protecting patients and maintaining a safe environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency performing time-out procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency performing hand-off procedures.
- Demonstrate professional communication.
- Perform accurate documentation of catheterization procedures and medication administration.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking.
- Engage in professional communication with the catheterization laboratory team, patients and families.
- Demonstrate proficient use of catheterization lab equipment, supplies and instruments.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)