AMST2233 - Automatic Transmissions I
This course involves the principles of the multiple systems combined into an automatic transmission. The student will understand planetary gearing, clutch operation, band application and one-way clutching as they pertain to power flow through the transmission. The student will disassemble and make necessary adjustments and repairs on a variety of transmissions. The student will perform transmission fluid and filter changes where applicable.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Inspect and adjust transmission linkages.
- Perform automatic transmission fluid and filter service.
- Explain transmission power flow throughout various components.
- Inspect and adjust clearances of band linkages.
- Perform inspection of one-way holding clutches.
- Disassemble and reassemble clutches and test clearances.
- Perform air pressure tests on automatic transmission components.
- Inspect and replace bushings and seals where applicable.