AMST2211 - Exhaust Analysis and Fuel Systems
This course will cover the various emission devices used on an automobile as well as the fuel delivery to maintain an efficient operating engine. Items covered will be positive crankcase ventilation systems, exhaust gas recirculation systems, air injection systems, evaporative systems, catalytic converters and fuel injection controls. Students will diagnose and repair problems using a variety of equipment on project vehicles.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform engine tests to verify performance.
- Describe test results using a 4 or 5 exhaust gas analyzer.
- Explain and test exhaust gas recirculation systems.
- Explain and test evaporative systems.
- Perform catalytic converter tests for functionality and restrictions.
- Explain and test air injection systems.
- Explain and test positive crankcase ventilation systems.
- Perform scan tool tests related to emission and fuel control devices.
- Perform fuel system pressure, volume and injector tests.