AMST1132 - Drivetrains I
This course covers service and theory of operation of clutch, manual transmission, drive shaft and drive axle systems. Service involves removal, disassembly, repair, reassembly and adjustment of these systems. Noise vibration and harshness in the drive train system will be diagnosed and repaired.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Interpret service information.
- Perform front wheel drive transmission disassembly and reassembly.
- Perform clutch replacement and adjustments.
- Perform rear wheel drive transmission disassembly and reassembly.
- Perform drive shaft repair, alignment and balance testing.
- Perform front axle repair and replacement.
- Calculate gear ratios and power flow throughout transmissions.
- Diagnose noise, vibration and harshness within the drive train.