AMST1126 - Engines II
This course covers the disassembly, diagnosis, measurement, service, assembly and adjustment of engines and components. Cylinder heads, valve trains, cylinder block assemblies, cooling and lubrication systems are thoroughly covered.
- Exhibit safety precautions and professionalism.
- Explain and interpret service information.
- Perform base engine diagnosis and interpret data.
- Perform cylinder head service involving machining of valves, guides and seats.
- Perform short block service involving complete cylinder and crankshaft reconditioning.
- Diagnose and repair cooling systems.
- Remove and reinstall engine assemblies.
- Diagnose and repair engine lubrication systems.
- Perform valve system adjustments.