||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 7. This course is an interdisciplinary study designed to enhance the student's understanding of women's cultural, social, historical, political and economic contributions and humanitarian achievements based on historical and diverse societal settings.
- Explore historical data that demonstrates women's social and cultural conditions.
- Examine contemporary social data that demonstrates women's social and cultural conditions.
- Measure trends in women's issues.
- Apply theories to provide perspective on various gender issues.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs regarding gender diversity.
- Describe the changing meanings of ethnic and gender identities.
- Discuss the experience of the many groups of women that shape American society and culture.
- Outline some of the responses to gender disparity.
- Communicate ideas about gender topics to specific audiences.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines