||This course teaches students advanced texture and shade techniques for creating animated visual effects for video games. The course also focuses on the creation of game character textures, shaders and effects, and how they may be efficiently reused as they share resources with all visual components of a video game character. Finally, during this course students will create visual effects libraries to be reused during the video game creation process.
|| VGAM2111 AND VGAM2122 AND VGAM2133 AND VGAM2144 AND VGAM2155
- Create character texture for games.
- Implement hardware shaders.
- Apply character normal mapping.
- Generate real-time effects.
- Create character painting for games.
- Create character normal mapping.
- Create character sculpting for games.
- Create a visual effects library.
- Demonstrate the ability to reuse library visual effects in game creation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines