||This course covers the study of general processes as well as oral disease processes. Special emphasis is placed on clinical and radiographic recognition of pathology of the oral cavity.
|| Accepted into the dental hygiene program and successful completion of Principles I, II, III; Head and Neck Anatomy; and Oral Histology and Embryology
- Describe categories of oral disease.
- Explain diagnostic processes.
- Explain body's defense mechanism.
- Explain developmental abnormalities versus infections or traumatic injuries.
- Identify relationship of oral pathology and systemic influence.
- Recognize severity of disease categories.
- Differentiate treatment modalities for disease categories.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines