||5 – 6
||This is a faculty-supervised course at extramural sites with dentists and dental auxiliaries providing ancillary supervision. The student will be provided with clinical experiences by affiliations in general dentistry and/or specialized practices. Emphasis is on professionalism in performing general chairside and advanced intraoral procedures.
|| Acceptance into the dental assisting program.
- Demonstrate good oral communication.
- Display professionalism.
- Comply with clinical affiliation office policies.
- Integrate aseptic dental technique for treatment.
- Manage patient records.
- Perform expanded functions and assisting techniques.
- Apply instrument usage.
- Educate patients on personal oral hygiene techniques.
- Assist with examination procedures.
- Manage dental patient seating/dismissing.
- Expose, process, and mount intraoral radiographs.
- Display radiographic quality assurance technique.
- Manipulate dental cements.
- Manipulate esthetic restorative materials.
- Manipulate impression material.
- Trim study models.
- Recognize dental/medical signs/symptoms.
- Assist dental/medical emergency treatment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines