||In this course the student will learn how to encode and decode video IP signals to be transported over converged networks and connect equipment to perform associated functions. Video conferencing, IPTV, HDTV, 3G cell phone video, content protection and other new technology formats will be explored and researched to give the student a better understanding of video over Internet protocol technologies.
- Analyze video over Internet Protocol (IP) protocols.
- Program a video encoder.
- Review quality standards for video transmission.
- Establish a video conferencing connection.
- Research Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) technologies.
- Use test equipment to monitor traffic.
- Design a video over an Internet Protocol (IP) system.
- Draw a video over Internet Protocol (IP) system using an electronic drawing program.
- Examine broadband media connections.
- Program a video decoder.
- Present a video over Internet Protocol (IP) system design.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with peers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines