Take a virtual break!
You’re confined to your home, but that doesn’t mean your imagination can’t roam. Take a break from your studies and wander the world – and kids travel free!
Get some culture
- British Museum, London - Check out the virtual Museum of the World and learn about art and design, living and dying, power and identity, religion and belief, and trade and conflict.
- Guggenheim Museum, New York - Notable exhibits: The Starry Night (Vincent Van Gogh), Gold Marilyn Monroe (Andy Warhol), Water Lilies (Claude Monet) and The Bather (Paul Cezanne).
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C. - Notable exhibits: Self-Portrait (Vincent Van Gogh), Daniel in the Lions Den (Sir Peter Paul Rubens), Girl with the Red Hat (Johannes Vermeer) and The Thinker (Le Penseur) (Auguste Rodin).
- Musee d’Orsay, Paris - Notable exhibits: Still life with kettle (Paul Cezanne), Blue Water Lilies (Claude Monet), Starry Night (Vincent Van Gogh) and Rosebushes under the Trees (Gustav Klimt).
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam - Notable exhibits: The Bedroom, Sunflowers, Landscape at Twilight and Trees and Undergrowth.
- MASP, Sao Paulo - Notable exhibits: Peruvian pottery, textiles, Girl with Flowers (Pierre-Auguste Renoir) and Little Dancer, Aged Fourteen (Edgar Degas).
- Louvre, Paris - Notable exhibits: Venus de Milo (Alexandros of Antioch), 140.64-carat diamond The Regent Diamond, Mona Lisa (Leonardo da Vinci), Liberty Leading the People (Eugene Delacroix) and The Winged Victory of Samothrace (Unknown Artist).
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Washington, D.C. - Check out fossils, dinosaurs, mummies, gems, insects and more.
- Smithsonian National Postage Museum - Learn about the history of the Postal Service and check out some of the relics of that history.
- Down Dog Apps (Free until 7/1/2020 with your .edu email)
- Peloton app (Free 90-day trial)
- FIT On is a free app with hundreds of on-demand workouts
- Planet Fitness is doing live streams daily, multiple times a day, on Facebook
- Core Power Yoga has on-demand classes
Take a mental vacation
- Insight Timer
- Smiling Mind
- Stop, Breathe & Think
- UCLA meditation
- Free mindfulness meditation daily M-F at 2 p.m. CST with Ten Percent Happier Coronavirus Sanity Guide
Buckle up for a wild ride
Walt Disney World Rides
- Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It’s A Small World in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Penguins and pandas and bears, oh my!
- San Diego Zoo
- Cincinnati Zoo has daily Facebook lives at 2 p.m. CST; past ones are archived
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
- Yosemite National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Great Wall of China
- Ellis Island
- Colonial Williamsburg
No bored games here
On with the show!
- Broadway HD is offering a free seven-day trial
- Other Broadway shows can be watched from home
- Seattle Symphony is streaming its performances, plus you can watch past performances
- Metropolitan Opera will launch a new opera every day (only available for 20 hours, released every night at 6:30 p.m CT)
- Other live steam concerts
- Disney online coloring pages
- Adult coloring pages (you can print or color online)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems (every day at noon CST)
- McHarper Manor art projects (every weekday at noon CST)
- Deb’s Virtual Art School on The Drawing Lab Facebook Page (M-F, 1 p.m. CST)
Lend a hand
- Create face masks to donate to local hospitals and doctors offices
- Help make the world more accessible for blind and low vision people through the Be My Eyes app
- Help transcribe documents at the Smithsonian
- UN Volunteers has hundreds of online volunteer opportunities
Watch and learn
Cool down your cabin fever
- Learn how to make towel animals
- Crochet for beginners
- Learn a new language (three months free with Rosetta Stone)
- Buzzfeed quizzes
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- Buzzfeed personality quizzes
- Olympic ski jumping