Theatre Transfer Pathway
If you complete M State's Theatre Transfer Pathway and are admitted to one of the seven Minnesota State universities for your bachelor's degree, you'll be guaranteed junior status.
Minnesota State Transfer Pathways are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at a Minnesota State college and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor's degree without losing credits or taking extra courses.
M State's 60-credit Theatre Transfer Pathway degree provides a broad foundation for your career in the theatre field, giving you the opportunity to explore both performance and technical theatre in the classroom and in theatre production performances. This degree is offered on our Fergus Falls campus and intended primarily for students who plan to pursue a bachelor of arts or bachelor of fine arts degree at a four-year college or university.
The Theatre Transfer Pathways offers students the opportunity to complete an associate degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities. Credits for courses earned in the TheatreTransfer Pathway are guaranteed to transfer directly into specific theatre degrees at these seven Minnesota State universities, allowing students to enter these universities with junior-year status:
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
Here is what you'll learn
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of theatre genres and exemplary authors and works in a historical, cultural and societal perspective
- Demonstrate facility in terminology and technical skills in theatrical productions
- Apply the skills necessary for successful engagement in the performance of and appreciation for theatre arts
- Work independently and collaboratively in a high-pressure creative environment
- Create a body of work reflecting participation in theatrical productions at varied levels including design, makeup, stagecraft and production
- Document and explain the rationale behind the student's work
- Use the English language effectively to read, speak, write and listen
Scholarships available for fine arts students
Are you interested in earning a degree in the fine arts on our Fergus Falls campus? We have scholarships available for students enrolling in the Associate of Fine Arts in Music program, or in a Transfer Pathway in Art or Theatre.
With a single application, you’ll automatically be considered for nearly 100 scholarships offered by Fergus Area College Foundation. You can apply for an FACF scholarship by visiting facfmstate.org/scholarships.