Prepare for a career in law-related positions with M State's online Paralegal program.
M State's Paralegal online program prepares students with the critical thinking, writing and legal research skills needed to succeed in a broad array of law-related positions. Paralegals work under the supervision of an attorney in many areas of the legal system, including law firms, government agencies, court administration and corporate law.
The 60-credit AAS degree includes training in legal research and writing, civil law, criminal law, wills and property law and legal ethics. Students also learn to analyze procedural and substantive legal problems and to manage caseloads.
Here is what you'll learn
- Analysis of basic accounting principles
- Evaluation of computer technology
- Written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking and complex legal reasoning
- Understanding of the American legal system
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural law
- Legal writing skills
- Ethical and social responsibility