Medical Office Assistant
M State's Medical Office Assistant diploma program prepares you to fill an essential administrative role on a health care team.
Medical office assistants are highly trained office specialists who assist in coordinating medical office functions including patient appointment scheduling, telephone communications, medical record maintenance, medical transcription and patient billing processes. Successful medical office assistants have excellent communication skills and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
This 44-credit diploma is offered online.
Here is what you'll learn
- Appointment schedule management
- Patient registration procedures
- Electronic health care record (EHR) preparation and management
- CPT and HCPCS level II procedure and ICD-CM diagnosis coding
- Health insurance and medical billing procedures
- Practice management systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Law, ethics and confidentiality in the health care setting
- Communication using the language of medicine
- Interpersonal skills for a health care setting
- Structure and function of the human body in health and disease states
- Critical thinking and organizational skills