M State's 24-credit Child Care and Education certificate program offers the introductory skills for a career as an early childhood professional with courses in child development, age-appropriate learning experiences and communicating with parents. The program will benefit students interested in opening their own in-home child care facilities or seeking employment in early education as assistant teachers in Head Start facilities or child care centers.
The Child Care and Education program is taught on M State's Detroit Lakes and Moorhead campuses. For program graduates interested in a degree program, all credits earned in the Child Care and Education certificate program transfer into M State's 60-credit Associate of Science degree in Early Childhood and Paraprofessional Education.
Here is what you'll learn
- Developmentally appropriate learning experiences for children
- Developmentally appropriate guidance strategies
- Effective communication with parents
- Care and planning for children with special needs
- Typical and atypical development in children ages birth through 8