Business Management, Marketing and Sales
At M State, you can build a foundation of practical knowledge and skills that will prepare you to succeed in the business world.
At M State, you'll get a broad background designed to prepare you for a career in the fields of sales, marketing and management. The Business: Management, Marketing and Sales AAS curriculum includes instruction in the areas of sales, marketing, research, communication, problem-solving and technology.
The AAS degree is 66 credits and offered on the Detroit Lakes and Moorhead campuses and online.
M State also offers these related degrees:
- Business: Marketing and Sales diploma (33 credits, offered online and in Detroit Lakes and Moorhead)
- Professional Sales Skills certificate (9 credits, offered online and in Detroit Lakes)
Here is what you'll learn in the AAS degree program
- Professional communications and behavior in a business environment
- Use of technology to meet business objectives
- Fundamental sales techniques
- Marketing decision-making skills
- Management decision-making skills
- Application of bookkeeping and mathematical processes
- Critical thinking in a business environment
- Understanding of the economic, financial, social, legal and cultural forces affecting the business environment
Financial aid eligibility
Because the Professional Sales Skills certificate (9 credits) is less than 15 credits, it may not be financial aid-eligible. Please check with the financial aid office by calling 877.450.3322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your aid eligibility for this program.
Many M State programs have specific computer requirements. Check here to see the requirements for this program.
M State helped me to realize that I could be more and has opened my eyes to what the world can offer.
My academic journey was never the easiest. I always struggled … so I didn’t know if college was for me. After being put on academic probation at three colleges, I decided that I needed a break from college and started looking for a job instead.
Thank you to M State and the magnificent staff for making my dreams come true, even if I didn’t know of those dreams at the time.