What is the Student Government Association?
The M State Moorhead Campus Student Government Association is an elected body that makes decisions that reflect the interests and opinions of students on the college's Moorhead campus. The SGA operates under the M State SGA constitution and bylaws, and decisions are determined by voting.
New student senators are elected each fall and spring semester. If you are interested in joining the SGA, get a copy of the current nomination form and submit it by the specified due date. The SGA meets weekly on Thursdays from 3-4:30 p.m., and visitors are welcome.
Want to join the M State Moorhead Campus SGA?
The Student Government Association is looking for new student senators. If you are interested in representing the M State Moorhead Campus student body, want to earn some extra money and would enjoy experiencing something new that will add to your already-glistening resume, then join the SGA.
Nominations are accepted during the first two weeks of the semester. Please watch your M State email for a link to the nomination form. SGA Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a current M State Moorhead student
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Students who have attended more than one semester must have attained a cumulative GPA of 2.0. First-semester nominees do not require a recorded GPA, however continued participation shall be based on GPA.
- Members must attend SGA meetings Thursdays from 3-4:30 p.m.
- The first required meeting for all new senators will be 3-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, in C121. You are welcome to attend the meetings at the same time and location on August 30 and September 6.
- Training will be held on the following two dates and is mandatory:
- Tuesday, September 18, 3-4:30 p.m., Room C121
- Tuesday, September 25, 3-4:30 p.m., Room C121
If needed, elections will take place Monday, Sept. 10. The link to vote will be sent to your M State email.
Contact Teresa Stolfus for more information!
Student Government Meetings
M State Moorhead Campus Student Government Association meetings are held on Thursdays from 3-4:30 p.m. in C121. Feel free to stop in and see what goes on. If you would like to be on the SGA agenda, please contact Teresa Stolfus.