Check out the fall fine arts events at M State
It’s a fine season for the arts at Minnesota State Community and Technical College in Fergus Falls, where the community is invited to an array of art exhibits, theatre performances and musical events through the holiday season.
Check out these upcoming events:
- The talents of some of the area’s best high school artists are on display during the 2018 Area High School Art Exhibition through Nov. 28 in the Beck Gallery. This year’s exhibit features artwork by students from high schools in Perham, Underwood, and Pelican Rapids and from Hillcrest Lutheran Academy. The annual show is free and cosponsored by Art of the Lakes.
- More than 19 artists from across the nation will have their works on display in an exhibit entitled Gathering of Perspectives: Cultivating Community in the Waage Gallery from Nov. 1 – Jan. 25. The exhibit features artists celebrating their ability to foster the growth of community and culture. The exhibitors include M State art instructor John Charles Cox, and admission is free.
- The Addams Family, a musical comedy, will be performed in Waage Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Nov. 8-10, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11. See what happens when princess of darkness Wednesday Addams falls in love with a “normal” young man. The play is directed by Stefanie Gerhardson, Teresa Ashworth and David Stoddard. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door for adults, and $7 in advance and $8 at the door for students.
- The Combined Bands Concert, directed by Jim Iverson and Scott Kummrow, is set for 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18, in Legacy Hall and Waage Theatre.
- The Choir Concert, Voice Ensemble, Chamber Chorale and community Chamber Orchestra directed by Teresa Ashworth will be featured in the Holiday and Messiah Concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, in Legacy Hall.
- Teresa Ashworth will lead a holiday Community Sing-Along in Handel’s Messiah with the Chamber Orchestra, and holiday carols with Jim Iverson and the M State Concert Band from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Dec. 8, in Legacy Hall and Waage Theatre. The sing-along is free and open to music lovers of all ages.
Unless otherwise listed, tickets are $9 in advance and $11 at the door for adults, and $7 in advance and $8 at the door for students. Tickets are available at the M State Box Office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed for lunch), at the door one hour prior to the performance, by calling 218.736.1600 or online at mstatetickets.com.
on October 15, 2018 at 9:58 am – Tags: hp-1up