M State’s spring fine arts calendar has a full slate of events
A rollicking musical comedy, an art show, choir and band concerts and the popular Empty Bowls fundraiser are all on the calendar of fine arts events this spring at Minnesota State Community and Technical College’s Fergus Falls campus.
Events scheduled this spring include:
- M State’s Theatre and Music departments present the musical comedy “Nunsense” in performances at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 2-3; 2 p.m. Sunday, March 4; and 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, March 8-10.
- The works of 50 area artists are on display March 5 through May 6 in M State’s 46th Invitational Art Show in the Charles Beck Gallery. An artist reception is scheduled for 3-5 p.m. Sunday, May 6.
- The annual Spring Choir Extravaganza is set for 6 p.m. Thursday, April 12, in Legacy Hall.
- The Empty Bowls fundraiser, set for 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, April 19, in Legacy Hall, will once again benefit the Fergus Falls Salvation Army soup kitchen. For a minimum donation, diners enjoy soup served in their choice of handmade ceramic bowls created by M State pottery students and community artists.
- The Chamber Chorale performs in concert at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 22, in Legacy Hall.
- The M State Concert and Jazz bands join together for a combined concert at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 29, in Legacy Hall.
- M State’s talented sophomores will be featured in a Sophomore Recital set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, in Waage Theatre.
For ticket information, visit the M State Box Office, call 218-736-1600 or go online to mstatetickets.com.
on February 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm – Tags: hp-1up