Fine arts performances take center stage at M State
A full calendar of fine arts events is scheduled for spring semester at M State’s Fergus Falls campus. Events include:
- Jazz Band Dinner and Dance: 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, at the VFW in downtown Fergus Falls. Come for dinner and dancing (tickets are $20, reservations due by Feb. 17) or for the dance only ($8).
- “Steel Magnolias:” 7:30 p.m. March 3 and 4; 2 p.m. March 5; and 7:30 p.m. March 9-11 in Waage Theatre. This comedy-drama is about a group of Southern women coping with the death of a friend. Tickets are $9 in advance and $11 at the door for adults and $7 in advance and $8 at the door for students and are available at the M State box office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and one hour prior to each performance; by calling 218-736-1600; or online at mstatetickets.com.
- Jazz Band Concert: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 18.
- Empty Bowls Project: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, April 20. This annual fundraiser benefits the local Salvation Army soup kitchen. Guests enjoy soup from a bowl of their choice from among those made by M State pottery students and community artists and take the bowl home at the end of the meal.
- Concert Choir and Voice Ensemble Concert: 6 p.m. Thursday, April 20.
- Chamber Chorale Concert: 2 p.m. Sunday, April 23.
- Concert Band Concert: 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 28.
For more information about any event, contact the M State Box Office at 218.736.1600.
on January 19, 2017 at 12:13 pm – Tags: hp-1up