||In this course, students will learn the components needed to effectively create and employ search engine optimization (SEO). The importance of file and site structure, proper meta tagging, hyperlinking and correctly composed content will be addressed. Students also will understand how to properly use analytics engines, targeted advertisements and various SEO tools to maximize their search engine results, as well as monitor and improve them over time.
- Assess and determine the target audience.
- Generate keywords based upon relevant factors.
- Create and optimize Web pages and/or applications to include proper file names and meta tags.
- Optimize file structure to maximize search engine exposure.
- Compose content to improve search engine exposure and ranking.
- Understand the importance of the various types of hyperlinks to the effectiveness of SEO.
- Utilize social media integration to improve search engine ranking.
- Effectively employ Google Analytics and other SEO engines to track, study and refine search engine results.
- Understand the use of targeted advertisements using Google AdWords and other SEO advertisement delivery platforms.
- Utilize SEO tools and plug-ins.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines