||This course covers the hands-on application and practice of the basic skills required to prepare a variety of salads, cold sauces, cold sandwiches, breads and rolls, and dessert and pastry items commonly used in food service operations.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Demonstrate proper equipment and tool operation.
- Perform proper food product storage.
- Prepare main-course salads.
- Prepare separate-course and accompaniment salads.
- Prepare appetizer salads and dips.
- Perform proper arrangement and presentation of salads.
- Differentiate the basic parts of a salad.
- Prepare sandwiches and sandwich spreads.
- Prepare temporary and permanent emulsion salad dressings.
- Prepare a variety of pies and pastries.
- Prepare a variety of cookies and bars.
- Prepare a variety of cakes, tortes and icings.
- Prepare a variety of yeast and chemically leavened breads and rolls.
- Prepare creams, custards and puddings.
- Perform proper dessert plating and sauce painting.
- Follow proper recipe procedures and conversions.
- Evaluate completed food product(s) prior to cafe service.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines