||This course is designed to address current trends in the administrative professional industry, with emphasis on the use of office technology. Topics will vary but could include trends in electronic mail, multimedia interaction, presentation hardware and software, and Internet technologies and applications relevant to the business world. Upon completion, the student should be able to demonstrate an awareness of current technological applications for the modern office.
- Examine developments in office electronic communication options.
- Analyze appropriate electronic communication style and jargon.
- Create and publish online content through wikis and/or blogs.
- Demonstrate how to access syndicated online content.
- Describe the impact of emerging technologies, like cloud computing, on office administration.
- Classify hot new web sites in office technology.
- Identify career trends for the administrative professional.
- Evaluate office culture trends for the administrative professional.
- Describe various internet security threats and identify techniques to prevent these intrusions.
- Exhibit ethical behavior when using computer technology.
- Discuss ways to prevent health-related injuries associated with using computer technology.
- Analyze the impact of social networking technologies on business communications.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines