||Knowledge of human diseases is crucial for administrative health personnel to efficiently and accurately assist health care providers and staff with the many administrative tasks associated with health care treatment. This course focuses on common signs and symptoms of disease affecting the human body including associated procedures, diagnostic testing and treatment. Recognition of emergent and urgent symptoms is addressed. Knowledge of the many aspects of human disease is needed to effectively provide health care support services and interact with patients presenting electronically, verbally or in person with administrative health personnel. Practical applications in communication, documentation and billing for the administrative medical office are emphasized.
- Explain the etiology, mechanism and progression of disease and risk factors contributing to disease as they relate to the medical administrative role.
- Explain diagnosis and prognosis of human diseases in each body system as they relate to the medical administrative role.
- Explain procedures used to diagnose and treat human disease as they relate to the medical administrative role.
- Explain treatment modalities associated with diseases as they relate to the medical administrative role.
- Explain related testing for various disease conditions as it relates to the medical administrative role.
- Distinguish and respond appropriately to emergent and nonemergent signs and symptoms of patients presenting for health care as related to the medical administrative role.
- Proofread patient health documentation and demonstrate how the documentation is revised.
- Analyze patient health information, discover inconsistencies and determine correct information.
- Analyze and respond to patient situations and determine appropriate outcomes.
- Apply medical terminology to disease, injuries and abnormalities of the human body.
- Communicate in the medical office using correct signs and symptoms of common diseases.
- Construct medical office documentation using associated signs and symptoms of common diseases.
- Correlate appropriate signs and symptoms of common diseases in medical billing procedures.
- Apply abbreviations appropriately in various medical office procedures.
- Apply terminology in complex medical situations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines