Tutoring is offered on a walk-in basis in the College Manor computer lab.
Campus Housing Resident Peer Tutors must be competent in at least one, and preferably several, of the following subject areas: Basic Math and Study Skills.
- Knowledge of the key concepts within their assigned subject area(s)
- Documentation and record keeping
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Model effective academic success strategies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Minnesota State Community and Technical College Office of Housing and Residential Life values in the delivery of exceptional services to residence hall occupants.
- Refer residence hall occupants to campus services as necessary.
- Full time M State Student
- 2.80 GPA with a grade of B or higher is required for subject that you wish to tutor
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate study (you may apply during this time-frame to begin work in the following one)
- Ability to verify one's identity and authorization to work in the U.S.
- Preference given to applicants that reside in campus housing.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A positive attitude and a pleasant demeanor
- Patience with, and respect for, the students they are helping
- A desire to act as a good academic role model
- A commitment to acting ethically and to treating all students equally
- 7-9 hours per week
- Including a weekly team meeting - Wednesdays 3:30-5:00 PM.