Move-In Day is August 24 2019
Are you ready to move onto the M State Fergus Falls campus residence hall? We are getting ready for you, and are dedicated to fostering a safe and supportive learning and living environment for all residents. In order to do this, we must make sure that we (residents, staff, faculty, administrators) have a shared understanding about what a safe and supportive learning and living environment is.
You'll be able to move in between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM on Saturday August 24.
At noon, we'll serve lunch.
Afterward, from 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM, M State Office of Housing and Residential Life will host its annual Residential Living Conference. This is a mandatory housing and residential life welcome and orientation event.
During the mini-conference, you'll engage in energizing sessions that have been designed to educate you about M State OHRL expectations for and commitments to you, help you build connections with your peers and staff, and provide you with training and resources to foster a safe and supportive living-learning-playing environment for all. Your attendance is required.
Your family and friends are invited to join in the Residential Life Conference by attending a family and friends session. During the Family & Friends session, your supporters will learn how they can ease your transition, help you achieve your academic and personal goals at M State, about campus resources and opportunities you will have access to, and they will be able to sign up for programming updates. Registration information for the Family & Friends session will be available soon.
Getting to campus
M State does not provide transportation, nor can we assist you in making travel arrangements. Residents are responsible for making their own arrangements to arrive on campus when housing opens. There is limited ground transportation to Fergus Falls Minnesota. M State does not endorse any transportation service. Some (not all) fee-for-service options that you may choose are listed below.
- From Twin Cities: Jefferson Lines (Bus)
In the event that you arrive after hours, you will need to arrange hotel accommodations. Several hotels are available in the Fergus Falls area. M State does not endorse any particular hotel and encourages you to select the option that meets your needs the best.
Early/Late Arrival or Assistance on Move-In Day
M State Housing officially opens, your contract begins, and you gain access to your assigned room on move in day.
Early Arrival: Early check-in requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis for students participating in organizations (fall athletics pre-arranges early arrival for their student athletes) or events that necessitate arrival before move-in day. Please complete the Academic and Student Services Appeal - Level One as early as possible to ensure consideration.
- Approval is not guaranteed and is based on availability and staffing.
- Prepayment of the daily housing fees is required from the date of check-in until opening day.
- Please note that summer school, summer conferences and our facility cleaning schedule all impact our ability to accommodate early arrivals.
Late Arrival: If you will be arriving after the first day of classes, please notify our office by emailing email@example.com to ensure your space is held for you.
Students or Families Needing Assistance: If you need assistance during Move-In Day, please call the Housing Office at 218.736.1635.
What's in Your Apartment?
Inside the apartments
- Each bedroom includes an XL twin bed, 3-drawer dresser, desk, chair, and closet.
- Living rooms are equipped with two chairs, one love seat or couch, and an end table.
- Kitchens are equipped with a full-sized stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, and dishwasher.
- Dining area contains a table and up to four chairs.
- There are two bathrooms in each apartment.
- Most bathrooms have a shower/tub combo, though there are some bathrooms that have showers only.
Here are some recommendations as you think about what to bring with you to make your home away from home comfy!
Move-In Day Tips
- Do you have a housing assignment? Check your student email in SpartanNet for a "Notice of Room Assignment" message.
- If you have a room assignment, then report to the residence hall you were provided in the email for check-in according to your last name.
- Please do not come to Move-In Day unless you have an assignment. If you do not have a notice of a room assignment email, then you have not been assigned a room and will not be allowed to move in.
- Keep track of the emails that M State Office of Housing and Residential Life sends you.
- Move-In Day will be hot; dress accordingly.
- M State residence halls do not have elevators.
- Expect some congestion and traffic.
- If you have your own cart, dolly or hand-truck, you might want to bring it along.
- There is no food service available on Move-In Day. Meal plans do not begin until Monday, August 21.
- M State Office of Housing and Residential Life will host residents and their families for dinner as part of orientation.
You are expected to be fully aware of the obligations of your Housing Contract. Please note that the term of your housing and dining agreement is for the full academic year (August through May). Release from the agreement prior to the end of the spring semester is very limited. If there are extenuating circumstances which may require special attention, these are considered on a case-by-case basis. All requests for release from the housing contract must follow the procedure outlined in Housing Contract. Failure to obtain release may result in the full assessment of all financial obligations. Be sure to fully read your housing contract prior to coming to campus. If you have any questions about what something means or how a particular clause may be interpreted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office 218.736.1635.