Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits
About this program
The Cardiovascular Technology - Invasive program prepares the graduate to be a competent entry-level cardiovascular technologist in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skill) and affective (behavior) learning domains for invasive cardiovascular technology. Students will learn to assist physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac, peripheral vascular, neurovascular and electrophysiological conditions using current technology, physiological and diagnostic equipment, and therapeutic procedures.
- Participate as an active invasive cardiovascular team member, demonstrating professional behavior, communication and collaboration.
- Apply concepts of patient safety, asepsis, infection control and universal precautions.
- Demonstrate proficient use of technology, equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors consistent with the role of the cardiovascular technologist.
- Demonstrate effective, therapeutic communication with patients, families and other members of the cardiovascular team.
- Demonstrate respect for individual patients, maintaining their dignity, rights and beliefs.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking.
- Apply principles of radiation safety.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Higher Learning Commission 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, IL 60604-1411 http://www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org Phone: 312.263.0456 / 800.621.7440
1st Fall Term - 16 credits
1st Spring Term - 17 credits
2nd Fall Term - 15 credits
|CVRI2262 - Cardiovascular Technology Practicum I||5|
|CVRI2263 - Cardiovascular Technology Practicum II||5|
|CVRI2264 - Cardiovascular Technology Practicum III||5|
2nd Spring Term - 12 credits
|CVRI1136 - Cardiovascular Technology Clinical||2|
|CVRI2130 - Cardiovascular Technology II||5|
|CVRI2141 - Pharmacology for Cardiovascular Technology||2|
|CVRI2146 - Cardiovascular Electrocardiography||1|
|CVRI2250 - Radiation Safety||2|