Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits
About this program
This program prepares students for careers in support, maintenance, and administration of database management systems in a wide variety of market segments. Students will learn how to implement security measures while performing database administration tasks, generate database-driven reports to support business intelligence, apply ethical and security practices in handling data, establish interconnectivity of databases and web services, use testing and debugging methods, devise backup and recovery measures in a database environment and learn the software development life cycle. This program teaches students the skills and knowledge for occupations such as database administrator, database analyst, data analyst or database support specialist.
- Function effectively within teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism, including presentation skills, utilizing research for problem solving, working independently and in teams, being accountable and meeting deadlines.
- Implement security measures while performing database administration tasks.
- Generate database-driven reports to support business intelligence.
- Demonstrate appropriate ethical and security practices in handling data.
- Establish interconnectivity of databases and web services.
- Apply testing and debugging methods to assure quality and workability of finished product.
- Devise backup and recovery measures in a database environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the software development life cycle and how the database layer is managed and administered.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. More information can be found at www.minnesota.edu/accreditation.
1st Fall Term - 15 credits
|CPTR1001 - Introduction To Programming and Scripting||3|
|CPTR1106 - Microcomputer Databases||3|
|CPTR1108 - CISCO 1||3|
|CPTR1170 - Web Engineering I||3|
|MATH1100 - World of Math||3|
1st Spring Term - 17 credits
|CPTR2210 - Database Report Generation||3|
|CPTR2224 - Linux I||3|
|CPTR2230 - Structured Query Language||3|
|CSCI1121 - Computer Science I||4|
|MATH1114 - College Algebra||4|
2nd Fall Term - 16 credits
|CPTR2234 - Linux II||3|
|CPTR2260 - Advanced Structured Query Language||3|
|CPTR2272 - Network Operating Systems||3|
|HUM2236 - Technology in the Humanities||3|
|MATH1213 - Introduction to Statistics||4|
2nd Spring Term - 12 credits
|CPTR2240 - Database Administration||3|
|CPTR2245 - Enterprise Network Technologies||3|
|CPTR2275 - Data Analytics||3|
|ENGL1101 - College Writing||3|