CSEC2212 - Web Security
This course will give students hands-on training in securing Web communications and websites. Students will learn the common vulnerabilities of websites, implementing e-business security policies, identifying security threats, developing countermeasures and managing the deployment of security solutions.
- Investigate current web technologies.
- Apply current web browser security best practices.
- Create web site virtual servers and directories.
- Manage web folders.
- Implement secure web communications with SSL.
- Troubleshoot web client connectivity.
- Implement effective logging.
- Employ web site authentication.
- Implement FTP server to current standards.
- Apply current best practices to secure an IIS server.
- Apply current best practices to secure an Apache server.
- Install IIS following current best practices.
- Install Apache web server following current best practices.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)