CPTR1178 - Robotics
This course teaches basic robot building, programming and troubleshooting. The robot building includes working with multiple motors and sensors on a robot. The robot program includes working with a graphical and command line programing environment. Along with reading current literature about robotics, this class provides the student the fundamentals of robotics.
- Examine current robot design.
- Manage a robot building schedule.
- Build robots to meet requirements.
- Manage robot motion systems.
- Manage robot sensor systems.
- Create robot control programs.
- Administer robot communication systems.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
- Design test procedures for robot systems.
- Manage robot power consumption.
- Describe current automation trends.
- Document robot operation.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)