This course is an introduction to different types of geographic information systems (GIS) and their capabilities, with the main focus on ESRI ArcMAP software. Topics will include GIS data collection and input, GIS data types and basic mapping concepts.
- Define geographic information systems (GIS) and how they are used in the civil engineering field.
- Set up and configure styles and parameters in ArcMAP software.
- Convert data files using ArcToolbox.
- Demonstrate file and data management skills.
- Perform basic database queries.
- Determine appropriate scales and legends when printing maps.
- Integrate data from disparate sources.
- Analyze the quality of the data being used.
- Prepare and present professional reports.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)