This course will focus on the application of civil design computer-aided drafting software for the completion of a project, where students apply principles of civil engineering drawing.
- Create a project using an existing topographic map as a starting template.
- Draw and define street centerline alignments.
- Create a digital terrain surface model.
- Create ground profiles.
- Design grade vertical alignments.
- Create and edit ground cross-sections.
- Draw and define a series of urban templates.
- Apply templates to obtain finished grade cross-sections.
- Create cross-section sheets.
- Create a sheet style for plotting plan and profile sheets.
- Set up and generate a sheet series.
- Complete the plan set project.
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)