This class serves as the conceptual and technical culmination of the AFA-Visual Arts program. Students will complete a self-directed project that results in an individual or group exhibition. Advanced study, research and individualized art-making required.
This course must be taken in the semester of graduation. This course requires instructor approval.
ART2260 AND Must be taken in the semester of graduation of the AFA-Visual Art
- Discuss and defend the conceptual and technical art-making choices in a critique of the student's work by peers and an outside guest critic.
- Formulate and design a layout for a visual arts exhibition.
- Employ conceptual and technical art-making approaches in the production of exhibited artworks.
- Explain conceptual and/or theoretical approaches to art-making in a written artist statement.
2. Critical Thinking
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Fine Arts (AFA)