Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 6F. This course focuses on student use and understanding of a variety of drawing media such as pencil, pastel, pen and ink, and charcoal. Intermediate use of composition and color is emphasized.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of drawing media: graphite, charcoal, pastel and mixed media.
- Apply academic research to the creative process and creating works of art.
- Analyze and work proficiently with a variety of subject matter.
- Identify style characteristics in historical and contemporary drawings.
- Apply advanced color theory practices to drawing.
- Use drawing vocabulary effectively when critiquing art work.
- Experience and critique (both orally and in writing) other artists' work in a studio, gallery, technological, print or exhibit setting.
- Use studio materials in a safe and responsible manner.
- Participate in a respectful, honest and scholarly manner during critiques.
2. Critical Thinking
Degrees that use this course
Associate of Fine Arts (AFA)