Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 6. Students will create original works in a variety of printmaking techniques with emphasis on relief and serigraphy.
- Demonstrate the relationship between formal decision making and conceptual implications.
- Explain the elements of art and principles of design that are common to all works of art and demonstrate the ability to use these visual elements and principles to create effective prints.
- Use matrix and non-matrix plates to make multiple works in series or editions.
- Demonstrate technical skills through a variety of printmaking techniques.
- Demonstrate an increased appreciation of the vital role and value the fine arts and humanities have on the development of culture.
- Explain and evaluate the effectiveness of personal artwork and the work of others through critique.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety issues within the discipline.
2. Critical Thinking
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts